In Summer 2016 I had the privilege of interning with Hilti North America in Anchorage, Alaska and Seattle, Washington.
My takeaways are innumerable. But here are some of the most significant:
- The opportunity to plan Customer Appreciation Day in Anchorage, Alaska targeted at increasing customer retention and satisfaction
- Executing in-person sales process by myself after training, even while navigating completely unfamiliar geographic territory
- Strategically executed a total of 38 prospect visits to inactive, passive, active and frequent customer accounts through careful planning in CRM to build relationships, uncover challenges, pitch products, and schedule and facilitate second meetings
- Converted an inactive account from competitor firestop products to Hilti firestop products with a profitability of $25,000/year
- Planned, budgeted, and executed June 29th Customer Appreciation Day in Anchorage, Alaska; promoted event by designing flyers, raffle tickets, and making in-person visits to decision makers; got contact information from 98 new and existing customers and 52 decision makers