The Program for Excellence in Selling (PES)
The Program for Excellence in Selling (PES) is the nation's #1 sales program. The program is a part of the Stephen Stagner Sales Excellence Institute (SSSEI) aligned with University of Houston's C. T. Bauer College of Business. The mission of SSSEI is to create sales knowledge, advance sales education, and develop outstanding sales leaders through exemplary research, education, and partnership.
By the end of the program, I will have gotten over 180+ hours of live sales training consisting of processes such as SPIN selling and pipeline management.
My takeaways are innumerable. But here are some of the most significant:
- Ability to cold call at a high volume each day, lack of intimidation by the process, and an understanding of how to interact with prospects on the phone
- An understanding of the partnerships between a non-profit educational organization and businesses (including Fortune 500 companies)
- Exceeded quota selling golf tickets and sponsorships by over 320% through cold calling and use of SalesForce
- Ranked #14 out of a class of 58 students
- Winner of Popcorn Challenge: sold 150 bags of popcorn and raised $300 for PES, winning first place in the challenge over 58 students
- Worked as a part of Team C, a team of 4 PES students, to bring in $10,105 and exceed team quota by 315%